Tuesday, August 20, 2013

FOOD: Healthy Banana Blueberry Bread

I'd like to share with you a recipe I morphed from about 5 different recipes created:

HEALTHY BANANA BLUEBERRY BREAD! 


And when I say healthy... I mean

whole wheat.... oats... fruit.... low sodium... low fat.... no added sugar {Truvia was used}....

YUMMY!

And not bad for your thighs.

And believe me, this bread IS yummy! It actually got a huge stamp of approval from the hubsters... as actually being something he assumed I purchased at the bakery. Whoah.... that's a huge compliment {on a healthy bread}!

It all started with the standard pathetic looking mushy bananas.

Most of you know how this story ends..... typical fate of said bananas = Banana Bread.

No different here.


But, I looked in my fridge and I had some blueberries I wanted to use too.

So, I changed it up a little bit and added a few other companions to the mix!

INGREDIENTS
3 mashed very ripe bananas
1 cup blueberries
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 cup Truvia
2 1/2 tsp sodium free baking powder {Featherweight}
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 egg whites
1 egg
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Sift together all dry ingredients {except oats}.

3. Add oats to dry ingredients and mix together until well combined.

4. In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce, eggs and bananas.

5. Add blueberries to the wet mixture.

6. Gently mix the wet and dry ingredients together and pour into a greased {spray with Pam} loaf pan.


I added some blackberries to the top of the loaf.

7. Bake for approximately 1 hour at 350 degrees.
{Check with toothpick to verify loaf is baked all the way through.}


ENJOY!

Store bread in refrigerator for a couple days {if it lasts until then}.

HEALTHY BANANA BLUEBERRY BREAD! 

Your thighs can thank me later...

unless....

of course you eat this warm bread with some vanilla ice cream....


.... then.... not so low fat. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my friends! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every word. Have a FABULOUS day!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS