Thursday, August 1, 2013

Easy DIY Artwork

I have been knee deep creating new artwork this week {I'll share pics later}.

It has involved A LOT of paint.... but, I thought I would share a sweet and simple little DIY art that even the most artistically challenged should be able to complete!

Let me explain.... I typically don't put pictures in picture frames. I know crazy, right? But I really like to put art in frames. And the more ornate the frame, the simpler the art.

So, here is a step by step of the quick and easy artwork created for this frame.


I used only items I had on hand.

SUPPLY LIST
Black Cardstock
Gold Texture Paper
Adhesive
Scissors
Frame

1. Cut black card stock to size of the frame.


2. Cut gold paper smaller than the black cardstock.

3. Tear off the edges around the parameter of the gold piece of paper.

4. Tear 3 strips of gold paper.


5. Adhere the gold strips of paper onto the black cardstock.


6. Frame and you're good to go!


I just LOVE how this turned out!


The gold paper echos the gold in the frame.

Simple but VERY elegant.


Easy Peasy... and under 10 minutes!


The options are endless with this type of simple artwork. Different colors and types of cardstock and paper. You could use maps, old books, hymnals, dictionaries, etc, etc.... endless possibilities I tell ya!

Have you created any pieces of artwork lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my friends! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every word. Have a FABULOUS day!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS