Thursday, July 24, 2014

RECIPE: Watermelon Margaritas

I have a friend named Margarita.

I do.

But, I have never really liked margaritas. The drink.... not the friend.

I really like Margarita. The friend... not the drink.

Confused yet?


Anyway.... I really like THIS margarita. Both the friend... and the drink.


For the rest of this post, I will just stick with telling you about this drink... the Watermelon Margarita.

You're welcome.


Watermelon Margarita
3 1/2 cups of seeded and cubed watermelon
1/2 cup tequila
2 Tablespoons of cane sugar [or regular sugar]
3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 Tablespoon of Orange Liqueur 

Combine all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. 
Pour the drink into glasses with crushed ice and garnish as desired.

Enjoy!

 

This is quite the refreshing drink. Just enough sweetness and very very smooth.

Perfecto on a hot summer day!


I also made a mocktail version a Watermelon Mocktail for my kiddo. 
I left out all the alcohol [of course] and replaced with sprite zero and some orange juice. He seemed to enjoy it.


Now... I think I am going to go have a margarita with my friend Margarita.
Cheers!

Linked up at Thrifty Decor Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my friends! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every word. Have a FABULOUS day!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS