Monday, November 25, 2013

FURNITURE: Dorothy Draper Espana Chest

I found a great deal [Craig's List] on a Vintage Reproduction Dorothy Draper Espana Chest awhile back.

It really needed some TLC.

New drawer pulls and a paint job.

I found the perfect pulls here at Lee Valley... but, the paint job I have been putting off.

Source: Domino Magazine

I contemplated doing the paint job myself with a high gloss paint.
I thought I would just stick with the original black and gold color scheme.

Source: Matchbook Magazine

But then, I had this crazy idea about really making an impact with a high gloss lacquered white color...
with the gold/brass accents.

Source: Turquoise LA

I even contemplated a bold move with color.
But, since I am sticking to more neutrals with my furniture pieces.... the winner is high gloss lacquered white!

Here is an image with my Vintage Reproduction Dorothy Draper Chest.

The white lacquer will look so clean and crisp.... a perfect vintage/modern mix!


It's in the shop now at Again and Again.
I also went with the professional route for the redo...
THEY have the experience with high gloss white lacquer!

I can't wait until it comes back home.
I'll share more before and after photos upon its return!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. Images are really very impressive thanks for your information.
    Cleaning Services

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friends! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every word. Have a FABULOUS day!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS