Thursday, February 6, 2014

ME: Going Red


I believe a DASH of GLAMOR and
SPRINKLE of REALITY 
makes everything... SIMPLY... DIVINE.

Water Color on 8" x 10" Paper - Crazy for You

But, Heart Disease isn't GLAMOROUS.
I should know.... I am a Heart Disease Survivor!

I volunteer with the Go Red for Women Passion Committee to help fight heart disease.
You can read a little bit about my Heart Story here.

I also paint to help fight heart disease.
Hence, this painting:

3 Years - Original Abstract Acrylic Painting on 36" x 36" Canvas by JoJo
It was painted to help raise funds for the American Heart Association.

Friday, February 7th is National Wear Red Day!

I will be wearing red to help support the fight against heart disease in women.

To find out more information on the Go Red for Women Movement and heart disease prevention go here to the American Heart Association website.

The above painting is entitled "3 Years" to honor the over 3 years since my 2nd (out of 3) and most serious heart surgeries. That operation has changed my life... for the better! I utilized the color RED because of the boldness, passion, statement, and heart that is represented with the color. 

"3 Years" will be available at auction this Friday at the Dallas Go Red Luncheon
All proceeds will go to the American Heart Association.

Heart disease is the #1 Killer of Women in America.
1 out of 3 women will die from heart disease.
It kills more women than all the cancers combined!

Will you join me in GOING RED?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my friends! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every word. Have a FABULOUS day!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS