Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Easter Dinner Preparations

I am starting to clean and gather my items for our Easter Dinner Celebrations.

I have so much fun deciding what to pull out and use!
I don't have that much fun cleaning every item, but it is a necessity after sitting on a shelf and collecting dust. Dust would not be so appetizing to our guests... I'm sure.

I start with a color scheme while deciding what to use in the tablescape.
This year, I am going with a neutral sophisticated palette.
I'll be using silvers, white, cream, gold and lilac/purple. I'll incorporate the lilac/purple color through an ombre selection of florals.


I will be using my ikat plates I purchased at the 2013 Dwell with Dignity Fall Thrift Studio. Plus, this is a perfect time to use the vintage white china passed on to me by my mother-in-law. These both will look wonderful on a mix of silver glass and fabric chargers.


I have decided to pull out my little vintage white milk glass vases to hold the ombre selections of florals. I will be utilizing the arrangements as our centerpiece along the length of the table.

To pull in some more natural elements, I hard boiled these brown farm eggs and will use them in these cute little egg cups! I'll add a few egg-shaped clear paper weights from my collection for contrast and sparkle.


And last, but not least, my fun gold flatware and gold patterned napkins will be getting some love on Easter!
I love the contrast on the natural table runner!


I can't wait to pull together this table and engage in sweet fellowship and food on Easter day!
We have a lot to celebrate and I am going to make sure to shower my guests with wonderful food, drinks, and laughter!

I have compiled my planned menu below with links to most of the recipes in case you need some ideas for your meal. My menu is planned with healthy options for some of the guests that are on specific diets. I have not yet decided on what type of drinks we will be serving other than peach iced tea and infused water. I'll probably stick to a selection of wines for the alcoholic beverages.

APPETIZERS
Shrimp Shooters
Deviled Eggs

MAIN COURSE
Sweet-Hot Plum-Glazed Ham
Lemon Rosemary Salmon
Salad with Fresh Pears, Strawberries and Candied Bacon [I'm using Feta instead of Blue Cheese]
Asparagus Amandine without butter
Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes
Rosemary Orange Biscuits

DESSERT
Lemon-Coconut Cake
Banana Pudding Pie
Berries and Whipped Cream

Yummy! Many of these items I can start prepping or complete on Saturday. That way, I am not running around too crazy on Sunday... going from church to cooking in the kitchen.

We also plan to have our annual Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt on Sunday. We seem to change it up a little bit every year, but this year I am planning to do something quite different.... it should be fun!

Happy Easter Preparations, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my friends! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every word. Have a FABULOUS day!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS