Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Patriotic Tablescape

I can't believe it is tomorrow that we celebrate Independence Day!

I can't wait!

It's always a joyous time of foodfamilyfriendsFUN and FIREWORKS!



I thought I would share with you my tablescape from last year. We had a little celebration in our home and I wanted to set up a Patriotic Tablescape for the event. This is how I easily pull things together.

Actually, I have 3 very simple steps in creating a quick, cheap and BEAUTIFUL tablescape.
  1. Determine your color scheme and theme.
  2. Pull dishware and napkins from your hosting arsenal.
  3. Shop your house for accent pieces.

So, for this tablescape... the color and theme {Step #1} was easy. Independence Day and red, white and blue!

And when I mention your "hosting arsenal" {Step #2}, I am talking about everything that you have collected or stored through the years for special events, hosting AND your regular every day wear.

I have white plates, clear glasses and solid contemporary silverware as our daily... every day.... wear. I will use them ALWAYS in my tablescapes... it's just a matter of mixing up the other items.

In my "hosting arsenal", I have chargers! 
But, only a few essential colors: silver, gold, wood, yellow, and red.

I also have cloth napkins: red, blue and brown.

And I have a few table cloths and runners... but, just a few since I am quite limited on storage space. So, I try to make everything count and be multi-functional!


I found these IKAT salad plates at HomeGoods. They were only $1.99 each! So, I grabbed all 12 available. Surely, I have enough storage space for 12 little salad plates? Of course! I have used these puppies A LOT in the year that I have had them.


Lastly, shop your house for accent pieces {Step #3}.

I knew I wanted to use my IKAT runner and salad plates, I thought it would be great to utilize some of my blue willow pieces since they coordinated with the color scheme!


And, I had to use some of my paperweight collection... the blue ones, of course!

Note: The chairs are no longer in our home. We replaced them with acrylic chairs when I toned down our living area to more neutrals. But, they worked wonderfully with the patriotic theme :). Check here to see pictures of our current decor in our home.


Although, most of my tablescape items are pre-owned, I do occassionally find something I want to add to the mix. I found these tissue pinwheels at Target in the dollar spot.  I utilized a large gumdrops as the base and I printed off little flags and used a red pen to add some delightful dots to the message! PERFECT!


I also used my clear bubble paperwieghts and faux diamond pieces to line the table runner.


HAPPY 4th of JULY!
and
God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my friends! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every word. Have a FABULOUS day!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS