Friday, December 12, 2014

CHAIRISH: Holiday Entertaining

If you haven't been introduced to Chairish yet.... let me do the honors!

"Awesome Blog Reader, meet Chairish."
"Chairish, meet Awesome Blog Reader."

Now let me tell you a little more about Chairish.
It's an online consignment marketplace for designed obsessed people [can you see why I love it?!?!]. 
Not only can you buy online, but you can sell your awesome and exceptional pre-owned home accessories and furnishing through them. AWESOMENESS! 
Honest... to goodness... Vintage Furniture at its finest.

So... I was inevitably tickled pink when Chairish reached out to me to design a holiday table for a memorable meal when hosting a get-together for family and friends this holiday season!

THE MISSION: 
Choose a favorite piece from Chairish's fabulous collection and design a seasonal table around it. 

Now.... this is my cup of tea: DESIGN, VINTAGE, TABLESCAPES!
I'm getting goose bumps.

Let me share with you what I put together... and I didn't stop with just the tablescape!

MY INSPIRATION PIECE:
Vintage Etched Glass Dessert Plates - Set of 8 

RIGHT?!??!
Aren't these just glamorously perfect?!
These sent my heart into a flutter. 
Plates designed by Tiffin in 1930's with hand-applied 22k art deco designed edging!

You know how this girl loves everything about these --> Hollywood Regency Glam at it's finest.
This had to be the starting point of my design.
But, I first wanted to start my design with the table/room in which these beauties would be on display.

And I just LOVE to mix things up... right?
Glam - Modern - Gold - Silver - Vintage - Rustic
It's all used in my design and I love how it all feels like they were meant to be in perfect unison... together!


Upper Left: Starburst Antique Brass Chandeleir
Lower Left: Vintage French Farm Table
Upper Right:Vintage Bertoia Side Chairs Restored
Center Right: Pair of Robsjohn Gibbings Style Klismos
Lower Right: Overdye Patchwork Vintage Grey - 8'1" x 10' 1"

Chairish also has FABRIC!
I found these two perfect patterns... and a Schumacher.... yes, please!
I would use the Vintage Schumacher Leopard Camo for the pair of Robsjohn Gibbings chair cushions and the Jane Churchill Darwin for the vintage Bertoia cushions.

Left - Vintage Schumacher Leopard Camo | Right - Jane Chruchill Darwin Ivory

Simply perfection!
Now... finally to the tabletop.

I thought all of these pieces would work beautifully together and would incorporate/mix well with my white ceramic dinner and serving plates. I also have some beautiful silver chargers which would be a lovely base for the layering of dishes and add to the mix of metals.


Upper Left: Vintage Glass Etched Dessert Plates - Set of 8
Lower Left: Saint Louis "Bizet" Crystal Wine Jug
Lower Center: 24K Gold Plated Flatware - Service for 8
Upper Right: Baccarat Crystal Onde Wine Glasses - Set of 6
Center Right: Crystal Hostess Flatware Set - Set of 3
Lower Right: Vintage Moroccan Wool Berber Runner

Doesn't this all just blend so lovely together.
Warmth + stunning gold + fresh clear crystal... makes for a beautiful and comfortable place to gather with family and friends.

Now for the finishing touch, a simply elegant centerpiece.

I found these beautiful french horn candleholders and I thought they would fit perfectly scattered with my set of antique silver creamers filled with baby poinsettias and evergreen garland draped down the center of the table.

But..... these puppies have already sold. They do have other vintage brass candleholder sets that would look lovely, too.

Brass French Horn Candle Holders - SOLD

What do you think?
Would you come over for a holiday gathering around my Glamorously Vintage Holiday Chairish-picked Designed table?

And hurry... today is the last day for guaranteed Christmas delivery through Chairish.

You can also follow Chairish on pinterest HERE.
They post some pretty inspirational photos to keep this design obsessed person happy!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my friends! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every word. Have a FABULOUS day!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS