Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving Table Setting

Thanksgiving is this week... I can't believe it!

So, I am running around getting things accomplished in time for my out of town guests... my parents.
I LOVE hosting them... and I LOVE to cook a big meal.
I also LOVE to plan for a big meal.

How about you?


Part of my planning preparations always include a dry-run with the table setting.
This year, I decided to keep it simple and use elements I already had on hand.




This is the PERFECT time to use my Grandma's china. 
These pieces are so very special to me.

I am blessed to have my Grandma still around, but she gifted these to me over a decade ago. They are vintage [from the 50's or 60's] and I have a service for about 20+ people! Simply amazing! The silver trim on them are so elegant, but yet, the simple wheat sprays provide a casual feel about the pieces. I paired the china with silver glass chargers and my gold silverware.

I wanted the table to have a glamorous style with a rustic twist. So, I added natural elements in the set-up. My authentic deer antlers were just the perfect size and compliment to the centerpiece. I was also able to use my agate coasters in a different way... I turned them into napkin holders! I had some vintage lucite napkin rings on hand and then I just glued the coasters onto them. Easy-peasy!





I echoed the mix of silver and gold in the centerpiece with some simple vases and candlestick holders. I added an additional element of nature with the floral assortments. I wanted to keep them simple and "natural" feeling by just grouping these selections in their appointed vases. I love how they add a pop of color without overshining the china.


Hope you have a wonderful week and a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my friends! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every word. Have a FABULOUS day!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS