Friday, January 25, 2013

Designing with Color

A friend of mine, and reader, just introduced me to this designer. 

I was going through her portfolio and I realized that I have seen her work throughout the design blog world... and it is work that I absolutely LOVE!

Liz Caan is her name and Interior Design is her game!


I love the whimsy and sophistication with this room. And the details of the horse photo and the piece opposite on the wall play so nicely together.


Color.... color.... color! 
I LOVE the artwork. It brings the entire energy of the room to one spot. This is how you do it well!



Of course, I have already shared with you my love for this zebra wallpaper. Doesn't it look simply divine in this powder room?


Now, this is a fun space to eat. The wall details with the cookoo clock. LOVE!


I need this dresser for my kiddo's room. It is the perfect shade!

All images from Liz Caan Interiors

And here, the pairing of the artwork with the Greek key rug and yellow stool...
simply... A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

What are your thoughts? Can you do color like this or do you prefer the neutral tones?

Even though I just toned things down a bit in my main living space....
I am BOLD enough to go with color.
I LOVE to design with color. 
I LOVE to paint with color.

And during the month of February, I will be posting about color every day.
One particular color.....

RED

I volunteer with the American Heart Association as a Passion Committee Member in the Dallas area because I am a survivor of heart disease. I have endured 3 heart surgeries, one of them was a major surgery, and I continue to fight the battle of heart disease personally and in my immediate family. Heart disease is the #1 killer of women in America. February is Heart Disease Awareness month and...

February 1st is National Go Red Day. Buildings all across the country will be lit red in support of heart disease awareness. And my blog will also be GOING RED..... during the entire month of February! I will post every day about red in interior design, fashion, personal style, local style, etc..... etc.....

I will also share my red love on Facebook.

And, I have created new artwork and found RED pieces for my space at LOST... antiques.
So, stop on by during the month of February at my blog, facebook page or my space and GO RED with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my friends! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every word. Have a FABULOUS day!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS