Thursday, October 24, 2013

DIY: Costumes

I have been working diligently on our Halloween Costumes for this year.


I can't believe it is only a week away!

It's actually nice because we have a small area around here where several of us with kiddos can meet and take them around. Although we live in a rather large condo building, we don't go door to door. Instead we venture out to designated locations around our area. They get plenty of candy that way. Plus, we get a fun time of fellowship. We typically gather for dinner after the candy excursion.

And yes, us adults get in on the act too -- of course!

Every year our family dresses up in a theme.
Since there is only 3 of us, it's easy to come up with an idea.

This year.... it's 80's pop icons!

So, here are some sneak peaks of what I have been putting together for us.
I will share the full pics after the fun-filled evening!

And as a confession disclaimer.... I DO NOT SEW!
So, all of my DIY costume ideas have been fabricated with scissors, hot glue and adhesive.
Go figure!





Can you guess who I am gonna be?


Can you guess who my kiddo is gonna be?


I'll save my hubby for the final reveal. His is the simplest costume.
He is always a trooper at joining in on the fun!

How 'bout you?
Do you dress up for Halloween?
Does your family dress in theme?
Do you go the DIY route for your costumes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello my friends! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every word. Have a FABULOUS day!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS