Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bedding Update

As promised... the reveal of my Bedding Update!

I am SO in love with all the custom pieces from our bedding ensamble.
I feel like such an adult... with special pieces made just for our bedroom.

The bedroom decor has always been an area where I have difficulties...
I find myself discontent with the look -- frequently.
I find myself redesigning / redecorating -- frequently.

But, during the course of the last year, I have made GRAND strides in putting something together that is peaceful and beautiful. Something that keeps my heart content and my eyes happy!

I bit the bullet and worked on our bedding.


I kept the quilt and pillow shams neutral in a nice ivory.
I updated them with a similar look and color I had previously from West Elm.


You can read about the custom order Greek Key Pillows purchased from Fabricate on Etsy here.

At the beginning of this year, we ordered custom drapery for our Double-Wide in the Sky.
[You can read about it in this post.]

If I had known then what I know now.... I would have done this MUCH earlier!

Not only has the black-out drapery been AWESOME --- but, I have made a new friend with the owner of the business, Brittany. She is so glamorous, kind, and the quality of work that comes from her business is PHENOMENAL!


If you are in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Trinity Uptown is the place to go for custom drapery
--- and MORE.

When we installed the Greek Key Trimmed Drapery in our bedroom, I asked Brittany if they could do a bed skirt for me in the future. She said YES!

So, I saved and thought about it and the time was NOW.

We utilized the same black and white greek key trim from the drapery on the bedskirt.
The fabric is also the same, just in black instead of the dark grey from the drapery.

AGAIN --- THEY DID A FABULOUS JOB!


And I am LOVING how it looks with our rug!


I also found this coverlet with a gorgeous trim and it compliments the ensamble just PERFECTLY!


I am SO pleased with how EVERYTHING turned out!

The DIY Mongolian Ottoman and Trina Turk Greek Key Pillow are also new and they work SO well with the space and updates.

I am doing a happy HAPPY H-A-P-P-Y Dance!





I even found these little vintage brass rams for our bedroom.... my heart is so content.


What do ya think?

Linking up to Thrift Decor Chick.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hello Mckenzie.

      I got the rug at Overstock! A 9' x 12' at a great price.

      http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Moroccan-Dhurrie-Black-Ivory-Wool-Rug-9-x-12/6830765/product.html

      Have a fantastic day!
      -Joanne

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I am also a black and white lover!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glamorous and bold! It really turned out nice! Black and white Greek key makes such a statement. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The head board for the bed is amazing!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren. It was a "custom order" from Crate and Barrel. We love it!
      -Joanne

      Delete
  5. I am crushing on your bedroom...hard! Makes me want to redo mine all over again, but I cant! I cant! I cant! I am going to order some pillows though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friends! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every word. Have a FABULOUS day!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS